If you’re looking for the perfect Irish treat for your St. Patrick’s day celebration, look no further than this recipe.
Chef Lynn from Oakmont Livonia shared her delicious, simple, and stick-to-your-ribs recipe for savory Cottage Pie. Made from delicious ground beef, cooked veggies, and mashed potatoes, Cottage Pie is the perfect way to celebrate the coming of Spring.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 4tbs butter
- 5tbs flour
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 15oz can of beef broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 16 oz of mashed potatoes (fresh or dried – your choice)
- 1 cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown the ground beef with onions and carrots
- Add 2tbs of butter and wait until melted
- Add 5tbs of flour, mix together and let cook for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly
- Add beef brother, salt, and pepper and allow to reduce
- Once carrots are softened add peas
- Transfer to an 8×8 pan
- Mix mashed potatoes with butter and milk and top beef filling in pan
- Bake in oven @ 350 for 24 minutes until potatoes are golden brown
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you know? The difference between Cottage Pie and Shepard’s Pie is that Shepard’s Pie uses lamb and Cottage Pie uses beef.