Questions for Independent Living residents and families
Oakmont Independent communities offer active seniors a “5-Star concierge lifestyle” featuring luxury apartment homes with a month to month leasing plan. Rather than maintaining a home you can enjoy the social aspects a senior community can offer. Our seniors are frequently “on the go” and enjoy the additional benefits and amenities offered in the community such as activities, transportation, meals and housekeeping. Be sure and ask these questions as you tour independent communities:
- Is the company family owned and operated or is it a national public company?
- Is the apartment rental month-to-month or is there a long term lease involved?
- Does the community offer knowledgeable and professional staff on site 24/7?
- Is the community centrally located to shopping, banking, restaurants, church services and just minutes away from fire, EMS and local hospitals?
- What safety and security systems are built into the community i.e. fire safety system, backup generators, 24-hour emergency response system in each apartment?
- Is there complementary transportation provided for banking, doctor’s appointments, outings and events? If not, what is your fee for this service?
- What is the level of service and attentiveness to the residents?
- Does the building and grounds have that “5-Star” look and appeal at an affordable price?
- Are there entertainment and service venues such as a theater, fitness and activity rooms, hair salon, computer center, on-site general store, bar lounge, spiritual room located within the community for your convenience?
- At what point would my loved one have to leave? Do you have an alternative if my needs change?