Questions for Enhanced Independent Living residents and families
For seniors requiring a “little extra help”, our Enhanced Independent Living communities offer our residents an on-site, 24-hour third-party healthcare provider. They provide services on an “as needed basis” such as grooming, bathing, escorting, help getting dressed and medication management. We also offer the services of an on-site physician, physical and occupational therapist and a podiatrist and audiologist if needed. Questions you should ask include:
- What health and wellness services are available to help maintain my independence?
- Are daily maid service, weekly housekeeping and weekly linen and personal laundry services include in the monthly rent?
- What is the response time to emergencies? Does the community have a clearly stated procedure for responding to a resident’s medical emergency?
- Are my pets welcome?
- How does the community create a sense of inclusion by encouraging residents to participate in activities?
- At what point would my loved one have to leave? Do you have an alternative if my needs change?