Questions for Assisted Living residents and families
If you or your loved one is facing increased challenges in everyday life, an Assisted Living community may be a good fit. As a state-licensed community, our focus is person-centered care with a commitment to elevate one’s quality of life. Our 24-hour nurse on staff allows for around the clock medical oversite and our certified care team can respond to the specialized and changing needs of residents quickly and effectively.
- Are there levels of pricing or all-inclusive month-to-month pricing?
- Is all care including help with activities of daily living, incontinence care and medication management provided by trained and certified staff 24/7?
- How do you determine cost for care?
- How often are reassessments performed and does it affect my monthly bill?
- Are care plans developed and updated on regular basis by the nurse? How often and does it affect my bill?
- Are the caregivers certified and trained, caring and compassionate?
- What are the resident-to-staff ratios excluding non-medical staff?
- Is the community built with state of the art technology and safety features such as antimicrobial surfaces, GPS tracking systems, cameras and pagers, full building generator, motion detectors and fire suppression system?
- Are there multiple common areas and family enjoyment rooms such as theater, spiritual room, computer and library, beauty shop, happy hour bar, outside courtyards, and other living areas?
- How does the community encourage both seniors and their families to be active and involved? Do they promote socialization, enjoyment of different activities and a sense of purpose?
- Is there a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist on staff providing full social enrichment calendar and therapeutic program to address the needs of the resident (Mind, Body and Spirit)?
- When would my loved one have to leave?