Many of us are enjoying most of our meals at home these days, and with that change comes the challenge of figuring out what we want to cook and eat with our families. This new series we’re calling “Oakmont Cravings” will share with you some of our resident’s recommendations for delicious easy-to-prepare homecooked meals that will bring your family comfort during these uncertain times.
Today’s Oakmont Cravings recipe is brought to us by Marianna – a resident of Oakmont Manor. Marianna was born in Poland and immigrated to the United States when she was sixteen. This recipe for Kielbasa & Kraut is a recipe that she brought with her and is a family favorite they make for all holidays.
Busha’s Kielbasa & Kraut
4lbs. Fresh or smoked kielbasa or sausage
2 jars saurkraut (rinsed and drained)
1 bag of dried mushrooms (dried Borowik caps)
Beef broth ( approximately 2 cups)
1 pkg Mrs. Grass dry French onion soup
- Begin by boiling your kielbasa or sausage until cooked through and then transfer to a skillet to brown – then set aside.
- Chop the dried mushrooms and rehydrate in a bowl of water for a half-hour.
- Rinse and drain the sauerkraut.
- Mix all ingredients together in a crockpot and cook on the “high” setting for four hours.
- Enjoy with your family! Delicious! Pyszne!
Special thanks to Marianna and her family for sharing their wonderful recipe with us! Stay tuned for more Oakmont Cravings on our website.